Friday, August 10, 2012

Place post: Zilker Park Boat Rentals

Zilker Park is an amazing place to be in touch with nature. The Zilker Park boat rental place allows you to rent out either a canoe or kayak, and set sells down the Lady Bird Lake. It’s an environmentally friendly and family oriented establishment that provides relaxation and liberation from your everyday routines. With over 100 canoes and kayaks and reasonable prices, Zilker Park Boat Rentals is the perfect place to bring friends and family to enjoy a relaxing outing on the water. Though it’s kind of a workout stroking back and forward with the pedals, you capture a great view of wild life and animals all around. Untitled
            
I took my camera when I visited and capture allot of moments with friends and surrounding nature. One thing I noticed was the amount of unique birds, turtles, bugs, surrounding wildlife. Coming from Dallas, this was my first time being surrounded by wildlife without any interference from the city. Also if you are easily sun burned, i would suggest buying sun tan lotion, or just get prepared to get toasted in the sun. The photo above is of my two friends relaxing and drifting in the lake and enjoying the outdoors. If you every want to find an interactive place to take your girlfriend/ boyfriend, this would be a great place to go before or after a picnic just to be active and outdoors. 
Zilker Park in th Lake I also captured great images of the Downtown skyline and the surrounding landscape. If you are someone who's interested in photography, this could be a unique place to capture different perspectives of the town from the lake. I specifically chose this image because it looks like the couple in the image is walking and sitting in on the water.
UntitledMy favorite part of the Zilker Park boat rental was seeing the different variety of birds and animals. This is one of my favorite images of a bird I saw.  It seemed as he was prepared to have a photo taken as he flapped his wings and showed off his colors. I probably wouldn't ever see a bird like this anywhere else. I saw several different types of birds with colorful feathers, and they all seemed to be relaxing by the lake just like the humans. I also observed plenty of turtle swimming and floating around and under water. It's fun interaction with friends, animal, and nature all together.
This is and ideal place to free your mind, and to  enjoy the nature sounds without the interference of cars, construction, or any other man made distractions.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked kayaking at Zilker Park. I personally love Zilker Park. ACL is one of my favorite events in Austin, as well as the Kite Festival, both great event at Zilker park. I have not gone kayaking there though, but after reading this post I am really encouraged to do so. I have gone kayaking in other places, and I know what you mean by how you can really appreciate nature when you are just floating around and experiencing it. It seems like a fun activity to do with friends, and I also liked the pictures you took.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In high school, the 12th grade biology class took a trip to Zilker Park to kayak. I wasn't in the class, but I remember the day after the trip, many of my friends talked about the fact that they had a great time. They kayaked, bathed in the sun, and flipped each others kayaks. I swore that once I lived in Austin I would go kayaking. Sadly, the time to to do so hasn't presented itself, but reading this descriptive article encourages me to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kayaking and paddle boarding at Zilker Park. I always see so much wildlife too, turtles, fish and birds. It is really beautiful there and a great place to take friends and family when they visit. I defiantly agree this is a great way to experience Austin and the pictures you took were really great.

    ReplyDelete